Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
Supplier of plastic packaging or packaged goods (“business signatories – suppliers”)are requested to make the following commitments by 2025 to become signatories:
1. Endorse the common vision.
2. Make the following individual commitments, underpinned by a set of common definitions (see Appendix IV of the signatory pack for suppliers):
- Take action to eliminate problematic or unnecessary plastic packaging and/or items by 2025;
- Take action to move from single-use to reuse models or reusable alternatives by 2025;
- 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025;
- Set an ambitious 2025 recycled content target across all plastic packaging and items used by 2025.
3. Commit to collaborate and invest to increase the recycling and composting rates for plastics.
4. Report annually and publicly on progress towards meeting these commitments, as well as on estimates of annual weight (tonnes) of plastic packaging used or provided (the latter will be used for aggregation purposes only, but individual public disclosure is encouraged). Reporting requirements will be kept as straightforward and streamlined as possible
We recommend the following steps for Supplier of plastic packaging or packaged goods to become signatories:
- Download the Signatory Pack for Supplier for additional guidance to develop your commitments.
- Download the Terms of Reference of the Initiative to understand its background.
- Prepare your commitments offline and get internal validation from Management.
- Complete the online signatory form below for Supplies with the final version of your commitments. Please note that the signatory commitment form must be completed in one session and cannot be saved, so be sure to have all your information available at the time of commencing this form.
- The Coordination Team will contact you with feedback or the final version of your commitments in PDF that you would need to return signed by your Management. It is strongly suggested that this commitment be signed by C-Level Leadership or equivalent.
For more information, Contact us.
Thank you again for your interest in joining the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative and for taking action to transition to circularity in the use of plastics.
 Post-consumer recycled content (as defined in Appendix IV).