Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
Tools & resources
Tools and resources for implementing the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
This repository of tools and resources aims at supporting the Signatories of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative implementing their commitments on elimination of single-use plastics, introduction of reusable models, engagement and collaboration with value chain stakeholders, etc., as well as at enabling additional tourism businesses and organizations to take action on plastic pollution.
The tools and resources repository includes:
*Events and webinars on implementing the GTPI and addressing plastic pollution in tourism sector (available here)
- Guidelines for tourism businesses and destinations;
- Guidelines that can be applied by tourism businesses and destinations;
- Policy Recommendations to address plastics in tourism;
- Broader reports with references to the tourism sector;
- Reports on circular strategies to address plastic pollution;
- Reports including plastic waste management insights;
- Reports with information on plastic types and hotspots, and;
- Reports on plastics legislation and regulations.
Please scroll down to see all the resources.
DISCLAIMER: The information and materials contained in this Repository site are collected by One Planet Sustainable Tourism Programme and UNWTO for general information purposes only. They are provided for use on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Unless expressly stated otherwise, the data, findings, interpretations, conclusions or other information expressed in the materials therein provided do not necessarily represent the views of One Planet Sustainable Tourism Programme, UNWTO or its Member States. One Planet Sustainable Tourism Programme and UNWTO do not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any of these data, findings, interpretations and conclusions or other information provided by any other Third Party. Reliance upon any such data, findings, interpretations, conclusions, or other information shall also be at the user’s own risk.
Read the full disclaimer here.
1. Guidelines for tourism businesses and destinations
Addressing Pollution from Single-Use Plastic Products: A Life Cycle Approach - Key Messages for Tourism Businesses
Online seminar: "Hygiene & plastic reduction - How to reduce plastic waste while meeting COVID19 regulations
2. Guidelines that can be applied by tourism businesses and destinations
Next Steps: Tackling Plastic Litter - A Nudging Strategy for Reducing Consumption of Single‑Use Disposable Cups
3. Policy Recommendations to address plastics in tourism
4. Broader reports with references to the tourism sector
5. Reports on circular strategies to address plastic pollution
6. Reports including plastic waste management insights
7. Reports with information on plastic types and hotspots
8. Reports on plastics legislation and regulations
The tools and resources listed in this repository have been curated by the Coordinating Team and developed by members and partner organizations.
Should you wish to submit additional resources, please contact us at email@example.com.