Transforming Tourism Value Chains
Tourism Value Chains Webinars
1. How to map tourism value chains & identify key actions
Objectives of the training are to:
- Understand value chains and hotspots analysis concepts
- Learn how to map tourism value chains to identify and respond to environmental impact
- Become able to identify actions to address key environmental concerns, protect tourism assets and improve the resilience of the tourism sector
- Learn how to build a business case and workplan to address priority hotspots
- Explore policy frameworks to support tourism value chain actions
Download the presentation materials here.
To learn more about the training, visit this page
2. Addressing Single-Use Plastic Products Pollution using a Life Cycle Approach - Part 1
This video contains presentations from the first webinars of both Series A and B of the UNEP Webinar Series on Addressing SUPP Pollution using a Life Cycle Approach which were held on the 6th and 13th October 2020. Case studies (NZ, UK) unique to the webinar held on the 6th October can be found at the end of the recording.
This recording includes presentations on:
- LCA Meta-Studies on Tableware, Beverage Cups, Nappies and Feminine Hygiene Products.
- 20 Years of Government Response to the Global Plastic Pollution Problem.
- Legislations Guidance on the Regulation of SUPPs.
- Case studies: New Zealand, United Kingdom, and Colombia.
3. Addressing Plastic Pollution in Tourism Destinations
The objectives of the webinar were to:
- Discuss how destinations can assess and reduce plastic pollution by improving their planning and management;
- Learn more about existing alternatives to plastic to revisit procurement strategies;
- Explore how the tourism sector can become a catalyzer for change and find innovative solutions to address plastic pollution and marine litter.
4. Data collection webinar
5. Water use webinar