Increasing knowledge on ecolabelling: new Training Programme
In partnership with UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and funded by the International Climate Initiative (IKI), Global Ecolabelling Network (GEN) has designed up a modernised version of the previous ecolabelling training programme created in 2007.
The objective of the programme is to help stakeholders build knowledge in all aspects of ecolabelling and understand the environmental impacts and importance of using credible labelling. This programme is also useful for manufacturers and auditors to discover the mechanisms of ecolabels.
This training has 9 modules with different focuses on:
- What are ecolabels?
- Why and how ecolabels contribute to environmental outcomes;
- How ecolabels are applied to product groups;
- The governance (policies & procedures) required to ensure credible certification;
- The successful market transformation through ecolabelled products; and
- The role of stakeholders including governments and civil society organizations in promoting and increasing the effectiveness of ecolabels.
Along with the 9 modules there are facilitators documents (facilitators guides, recordings of previous training, facilitators guide appendix, etc) and a participant pack of documents (case studies, reading pack, the updated ecolabelling handbook, etc).
To access this training programme and relevant materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website of GEN for more information.