La Posada del Viajero SAC
La Posada del Viajero is an accommodation provider based in Perú. The company aims to be more sustainable by as an example, not using individual amenities; instead, they use soap and shampoo dispensers.
Role in programme(s):
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, La Posada del Viajero commits to:
- Eliminating plastic packaging, single-portion or single-serving packaging and cling films from their food and drink services by 2023;
- Eliminating plastic packaging and single-portion or single-serving packaging from their kitchens by 2023;
- Stimulating the elimination of the problematic or unnecessary containers for cleaning products and cling films from their cleaning services by 2025;
- Moving towards re-use models and solutions to replace plastic packaging and single-portion or single-serving packaging in their bathrooms and food and drink services by 2023;
- Introducing reusable solutions in their cleaning services to replace containers for cleaning products and cling films by 2025;
- Engaging the value chain to provide data on recyclability and composability of plastic packaging to facilitate the move towards 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025;
- Taking action to increase amount of recycled content across all plastic packaging and items used by 2025 by urging business associations, suppliers, and regulators to promote availability of data on recyclability and composability of plastic packaging;
- Collaborating with others and investing in collection and segregation of recyclable and organic materials in their facilities to help increase recycling and composting rates in practice by introducing proper training for staff and engaging waste services providers, businesses, and key stakeholders;
- Reporting their progress publicly and annually on these commitments;
- Reporting estimated volumes (metric tonnes) of plastics purchased/procured.