Ecoservices Dominicana is a supporting organization operating in the Dominican Republic. Their mission is to offer advice on sustainable environmental management and waste management according to industry best practices. They have implemented initiatives such as collection, classification, and recycling.
Role in programme(s):
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, Ecoservices Dominicana commits to:
- Encouraging affiliated organizations and businesses or partners to join the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative;
- Actively participating in events and developing own programming;
- Setting a target of 30 hotels to join GTPI and 10 awareness raising activities and trainings by 2025;
- Eliminating problematic or unnecessary plastic packaging through redesign, innovation, and new delivery models;
- Introducing reuse models where relevant, reducing the need for single-use packaging;
- Ensuring all plastic packaging is 100% reusable, recyclable, or compostable;
- Establishing that plastic packaging is reused, recycled, or composted in practice;
- Ensuring the use of plastics is fully decoupled from the consumption of finite resources;
- Verifying that plastic packaging is free of hazardous chemicals, and the health, safety, and rights of all people involved are respected.
- Publicly report on implementation of commitments above.