Sector of activity
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising
The main objective of the training is to strengthen the technical capacity of policy makers, businesses and NGOs in support of the implementation of product lifetime extension strategies and initiatives. It will introduce the concept of product lifetime extension within the scope of circular economy and discuss measures that can be taken by policy makers, businesses, consumers and NGOs related to the topic. In addition, case studies from Indian companies and start-ups on the topic of product lifetime extension will be presented.
The training will serve the following specific objectives:
- Learn about product lifetime extension in overall promotion of circular economy
- Learn about optimal replacement moments for products
- Understand how & why collaboration between industry, governments, consumers and NGOs is important
- Understand the role each actor plays in operationalizing product lifetime extension strategies
- Learn how companies in the Indian business sector have dealt with prolonging products’ lifetimes
As collected through the One Planet Reporting
No activities have yet been reported under this initiative
Impact and Results
Participants will have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the main knowledge products developed by UN Environment and the One Planet network Consumer Information Programme, as well as relevant data produced around product lifetime extension.
Therefore, it is expected that:
1. Knowledge about circular economy is enhanced, in particular in regards to product lifetime extension.
2. Challenges for policy makers, business and NGOs regarding product lifetime extension are identified and actions to be taken are formulated.
3. Indian experience, challenges and good practices in the implementation of business strategies on product lifetime extension are shared.
4. Knowledge about optimal replacement moments for various products, including the challenges in defining them, is enhanced.
Next steps and how to get involved
Register for the conference: https://www.sustainabilitystandards.in/registration/