Thematic selection procedure 2020
The 2020 selection procedure is open for submission of project outlines as from 11 November 2020.
Status of the procedure
Outline submissions are accepted until 10 March 2021.
Project outlines can be submitted exclusively via the IKI online platform in English. Please note the funding information as well as further documents available under “Documents”.
Frequently asked questions
For interested applicants, IKI will offer an online seminar on the procedure, providing some guidance, insights and updates.
Tuesday, 8 December 2020, 10:00 - 12:00 CET or
Wednesday, 9 December 2020, 15:00 - 17:00 CET
- Developing opportunities: climate-compatible economic policy perspectives as a driver for more ambitious NDCs
- Developing skills and ideas: establishing an educational landscape on the issue of climate action
- Support for national development banks as a driver for investment in climate action, in particular in sustainable urban infrastructure
- Climate-conscious energy transition in the building sector with a focus on heating and cooling
- Climate action in maritime transport
- Beyond borders: climate-conscious economic development in Eastern Partnership countries in the context of the EU Green Deal
- Climate/water nexus: integrated water resource management in West and Central Africa
- Combating desertification: traditional and sustainable land use concepts in open land ecosystems
- Bonn Challenge: innovative approaches to regional seed supply
- Pandemic preparedness: natural protective barriers between humans and animals by expanding, linking and improving protected areas
- From pilot to application: expanding climate-conscious and biodiversity-friendly land use and production in fishing, agriculture and forestry
- Shifting the trillions: innovative approaches to leveraging and redirecting private sector capital for climate financing
- Biodiversity-friendly and climate-conscious financial systems in response to COVID-19
For all further information on how to apply please click here.