Of all regions on the planet, Africa faces some of the most pressing natural capital risks, and yet some of the most clear and compelling opportunities for green, sustainable growth.
Fast growing sectors such as agriculture, forestry, infrastructure and others face significant risks from climate change, biodiversity loss and resource scarcity. Across the continent, businesses need better information to understand and respond to these risks in a sustainable way. Investors also need to better understand their opportunities and risk profiles in emerging African markets, and policymakers need to identify and enact smart legislation that provides natural, social and economic benefits for maximum sustainable growth.
African Forum on Green Economy webinar series
Aimed for businesses, investors, policy makers and civil society, the Forum is made up of a series of themed discussions on investing in natural capital for a resilient Africa. Each theme will last for ten days and culminate in a webinar in which participants can hear from the experts, share experiences, and meet other practitioners online.
Please see the links below for more information on the specific webinars, and for more information about the Forum please visit: https://www.africanforumongreeneconomy.com/
#AfricanGreenEconomy Forum Webinars
- Session 2: Diving into Water - 22 April 2020 at 10am BST / 12pm EAT
- Session 3: Digging into Agriculture - 6 May 2020 at 10am BST / 12pm EAT
- Session 4: Natural Capital & Development Finance - 20 May 2020 at 10am BST / 12pm EAT
- Session 5: Drilling into Infrastructure - 3 June 2020 at 10am BST / 12pm EAT
- Session 6: Data for Decision Making - 17 June 2020 at 10am BST / 12pm EAT
- Session 7: Enabling Change - 1 July 2020 at 10am BST / 12pm EAT