- Sustainable Public Procurement
DATE: July 10, 2020
TIME: 10:00 AM Central European Summer Time (CEST)
REGISTRATION: Registration available on Zoom
A conversation with Joseph Intsiful, a Senior Specialist at the Green Climate Fund who focuses on climate information and early warning systems, and Andrea Bassi, Senior Associate, IISD and CEO KnowlEdge.
Joseph and Andrea will explore why investment in climate information systems and early warning systems (CIEWS) should be included—or, indeed, made mandatory—in all recovery stimulus spending. We will also look at how simulation is being used to bridge the gap between climate early wanting systems and better preparedness for pandemics and other “shocks” in the years ahead. Joseph and Andrea will be speaking to Oshani Perera, Director Infrastructure at IISD.
The International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) is an award-winning independent think tank championing solutions to our planet’s greatest sustainability challenges.
Their vision is a balanced world where people and the planet thrive; their mission is to accelerate solutions that drive a global transition to fair economies, clean water and a stable climate.
- Excellence: They produce high quality work and their advice is backed by evidence.
- Independence: They are not driven by outside interests or hidden agendas.
- Creativity: They encourage bold ideas and unique approaches to complicated questions.
- Collaboration: They believe diverse partnerships produce better and more resilient outcomes.