- Sustainable Public Procurement
The original information about the webinar
DATE: Thursday 10 November 2016
RECORDING: You can access the webinar here.
In the past 10 years, sustainable procurement programmes and networks have flourished across the globe as they respond to a growing need of sustainability and procurement professionals, especially in public organisations: what are the great ideas out there? What are others doing? What do best practices look like? And, most of all, how can we work together and collaborate to achieve our sustainable procurement objectives?
Sustainable Choice commissioned Planet Procurement to benchmark 6 successful sustainable procurement programmes in order to identify best practices and lessons learned:
- Sustainable choice – Local Government NSW;
- 3AR - Association Aquitaine des Achats Publics Responsables, based in France;
- SPLC - Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council, based in the United States;
- Procura + Network, a European initiative;
- RGO - Réseau Grand Ouest Commande Publique et Développement Durable, based in France;
- APE - Acquisti Pubblici Ecologici, based in the North of Italy.
The objectives of the webinar:
- Share lessons learned of the 6 programmes that were part of the benchmarking study;
- Build knowledge around successful sustainable procurement programmes;
- Create connections between sustainable procurement programme managers.
Downolad full presentation here.
Sustainable Public Procurement
The One Planet Network Sustainable Public Procurement (SPP) programme is a voluntary global multi-stakeholder partnership in which various parties - governmental, non-governmental, public and private, agree to work together in a systematic way with the aim to promote and accelerate the implementation of sustainable public procurement globally as a way to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
Read more about the One Planet network Sustainable Procurement Programme: https://www.oneplanetnetwork.org/sustainable-public-procurement
Unsplash - Devin Avery