- Sustainable Lifestyles and Education
DATE: 23 June 2020
TIME: 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM CEST
RECORDING: Did you miss the webinar? The full recording is available here:
Unprecedented events have thrust us to re-examine how we live. Not only our healthcare, but all the interlinked systems that meet our daily needs and even what we really want in life. In a world under threat from global health concerns, economic challenges and biodiversity loss and climate change, our living and lifestyle decisions will (collectively) determine our future. How can we better understand the impacts of what we need and want and find new ways for everyone to live healthy, better, and lighter? We need the evidence, new people centric models and to effectively tap into the power of people.
"Getting Serious about Living: 1.5-degree lifestyles and opportunities" will bring together experts from research, business and media to offer their visions on: What is sustainable living and COVID19 trends? How can business contribute to building back better with a people centric approach? How can media motivate the needed transformational change? These insights set the stage for the broader series webinars that will inspire participants to drive change, highlight real ways for more sustainable living; and provide evidence and messages for action.
This is a kickoff webinar in the series Sustainable Living 1.5: Empowering people to live better and lighter.
1) Welcome: One Planet Network
3) Panel of experts:
- Lewis Akenji: Member of Hot or Cool and a lead author in cornerstone research on sustainable living and lifestyles
- Malin Pettersson-Beckeman: Sustainability Communication Manager, Inter IKEA Group
- Claire Tavernier: Senior content and digital media advisor with a focus on young people, diversity and media-led behaviour change. Former Head of Digital and Drama for Fremantle, producer of American Idol, Got Talent and X Factor; former CEO of media intervention NGO Girl Effect.