- Consumer Information for SCP
The Consumer Information Programme held two webinars to release its new report: "Can I recycle this?" - A Global Mapping and Assessment of Standards, Labels and Claims on Plastic Packaging. The report assesses labels and claims on plastic packaging, based on a consultation of experts and the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information. It concludes by providing five recommendations that will help improve on-package communications about sustainability to consumers.
Two global launch webinars of the publication were offered, with the following structure:
- Presentation of the report (30 mins)
- Comments from experts (15 mins)
- Chair of the Global Ecolabelling Network, Bjorn-Erik Lonn
- Head of Division, German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, and Nuclear Safety, Ulf Jaeckel
- Sustainability and Communications Manager, AIM - International Brands Association, Eva Schneider
- Q&A Session (15 mins)
WHEN? Wednesday, 13 May 2020, 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM; (CEST)
WHEN? Thursday, 14 May 2020, 05:00 PM to 06:00 PM; (CEST)
About the report
The One Planet has launched a network-wide plastics initiative focusing on plastic packaging and the use stage of the plastic value chain. To support this initiative, the One Planet network Consumer Information Programme, carried out a global mapping and assessment of standards, labels and claims on plastic packaging, regarding information about materials, production, recyclability, and disposal. The report is global in scope and focuses on the consumer communications on plastic packaging for fast-moving consumer goods and food and beverage products. Development of the report was led by Consumers International and the United Nations Environment Programme.