- Sustainable Public Procurement
The original information about the webinar
DATE: Wednesday 26 August 2015
TIME: 9 a.m. CEST
RECORDING: You can access the webinar here.
This series of webinars is organized as part of the project "Strengthening the capacities and improving the knowledge on Green Public Procurement and Eco-Labelling in the Asia-Pacific region" funded by the Ministry of Environmental Protection, the People's Republic of China; and the Korea Environmental Industry and Technology Institute (KEITI), with the intention of increasing knowledge sharing and capacity development in the Asia-Pacific region.
- UNEP Asia Pacific GPP and Eco-labelling projects updates, Farid Yaker, UNEP
- Sustainable Public Procurement and Green Label Program in Viet Nam, Nguyen Minh Cuong and Nguyen Thanh Nga, Vietnam Environment Administration (VEA), Department of International Cooperation and Science, Technology (ISD), Vietnam
- Progress on Harmonization of Ecolabels in South East Asia, and the SCP in South East Asia, Lunchakorn Prathumratana and Kanchanatetee Vasuvat, GIZ Thailand
- Mr. Farid Yaker presented an overall progress of GPPEL projects in Asia and the Pacific. Among the updates seven new case studies of GPPEL from China, Japan, the Republic of Korea, and Thailand were discussed. The comparative study of these four countries is also under way which will be the basis of the upcoming regional training workshop.
- A comprehensive and insightful presentation of GPP/SPP EL activities in Vietnam were presented by Mr. Nguyen Minh Cuong, the Vietnam Environment Administration. As one of the key players in this field, Vietnam's strong commitment is reflected in, among others, the Article 47 of the Decree guiding in details the implementation of Law on Environmental Protection 2014, discussed during the webinar.
- Ms. Lunchakorn Prathumratana shared with the audience the progress on harmonization of Eco-labels in South East Asia including the Mutual recognition agreement - Thai Green Label and Hong Kong Green Label Scheme. Ms. Kanchanatetee Vasuvat, GIZ Thailand wrapped up the session nicely with a forward looking outlook of the Advanced SCP to be launched in September.
Specific objectives of the series of webinars:
- Report on events and activities of the Network members
- Share members' work and experiences
- Announce upcoming activities in SPP/GPP/Ecolabelling in the Asia-Pacific region
Download full presentation from the webinar here.
Unsplash - Sarah Dorweiler