- Sustainable Tourism
The original data from the webinar
DATE: 29 October 2019
TIME: 14.00 CEST
RECORDING: You can access the webinar here.
The latest webinar from the One Planet network Sustainable Tourism programme discussed how destinations can assess and reduce plastic pollution by improving their planning and management. Interventions from the United Nations, government, and business associations gave participants a variety of perspectives, discussing how the tourism sector can become a catalyzer for change and present innovations solutions to addressing plastic pollution and marine litter.
The objectives of the webinar were to:
- Discuss how destinations can assess and reduce plastic pollution by improving their planning and management
- Learn more about existing alternatives to plastic to revisit procurement strategies
- Explore how the tourism sector can become a catalyzer for change and find innovative solutions to address plastic pollution and marine litter.
- Ignacio Sanchez Diaz, Resource Efficiency Programme Officer, UNEP
- Carl Hunter, Chair of the Saint Lucia Hospitality & Tourism Association Environmental Committee (SLHTA)
- Saskia Pepping, Project Manager MVO Nederlands
Downoload full presentation from the webinar here.
Sustainable Tourism programme
The One Planet Sustainable Tourism Programme is a multi-stakeholder partnership that promotes knowledge sharing and networking opportunities to better implement sustainable consumption and production in the tourism sector. It has the overall objective to enhance the sustainable development impacts of the tourism sector by 2030, by developing, promoting and scaling up sustainable consumption and production practices that boost the efficient use of natural resources while producing less waste and addressing the challenges of climate change and biodiversity.
Read more about the One Planet network Sustainable Tourism programme:https://www.oneplanetnetwork.org/sustainable-tourism
Unsplash - Brian Yurasits