Building Circularity in the Textiles Value Chain
Circularity in the Textiles Value Chain Initiatives
This document provides a short overview of recent and upcoming projects, publications, campaigns, and communication...
This policy programme sets out the policy for circular textile for the next years. It is important for this policy and the...
The mass production of textiles in the 18th century was the dominant industry of the first industrial revolution, and the...
Global coalition calls for sustainability to be central to post-Covid recovery in fashion, apparel and textile sector
Major companies, brands, associations and water stewardship organizations publish Open Letter during World Water Week 2020...
Growing inequality, the climate breakdown and diminishing resources are challenging our planet and society. These challenges...
Each year millions of tonnes of clothes are produced, worn, and thrown away. Every second, the equivalent of a rubbish truck...
This report focuses on the financial risks arising from the extensive use and misuse of water in the wet processing stage of...
The Indian fashion and textile industry contends with challenges that mirror those in the global landscape. The importance of...
COVID-19 and Green Jobs By the end of April 2020, 2.3 billion workers were living in countries with mandatory or recommended...
Increasingly, consumers are realizing that it is possible to shop affordably and sustainably for exclusive, high-quality, and...
The viability of the textiles, clothing, leather and footwear industries is unravelling, as workers are told to stay at home...
Measuring Fashion: Insights from the Environmental Impact of the Global Apparel and Footwear Industries
In the face of climate change, resource depletion and shifting consumer expectations, fashion brands are increasingly coming...
The analysis, which explores the economics of circular models at a garment level, is the first of its kind in the industry. They have undertaken a detailed analysis of three circular business models; Rental, Subscription-Rental and Recommerce, across...
Webinars, podcasts and events
- Webinar recording: How global biodiversity data can help the fashion industry restore nature, run by IBAT
- Documentary film: Textile Mountain, released by the Irish Environmental Network
- Materials from UNECE's Multi-Stakeholder Policy Dialogue: Accelerating action for Sustainable and Circular Value Chains in Garment & Footwear
- Materials from the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency’s seminar, Dialogue for a sustainable textile value chain focusing on environment and chemicals, 7 October 2020
- UNEP/GGKP, Report launch - Sustainability and Circularity in the Textile Value Chain, 20 October 2020
- UNEP/CEFAST, Accelerating action for Sustainable & Circular Value Chains in Garment & Footwear, 23&24 November, Geneva and online
- World Circular Economy Forum 13-15 September 2021, Toronto, Canada
- Podcast series from the Sustainable Fashion Academy, Big closets small planet
- WRAP, Can we really do this? Achieving a 1.5 degree carbon trajectory in the UK textiles sector, 10 November 3pm-4pm GMT
- ILO International Training Center (ITCILO), webinar, 'Promising practices in advancing equality and non-discrimination in the garment sector', 18 November, 2:30pm Bangkok Time
- Global Fashion Agenda, Circular Fashion Event, 30 November, 3-5 p.m. CET
- Textile Exchange, Round Tables Summit, 7-18 December
- FashMash Pioneers, Talk on Fashion's Biodiversity Strategy with Dr Helen Crowley, recording available here
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation, Fashion shows, watch the full recording of the five shows here
- Univision interview, Biodiversity and Textile Industry, in Spanish, 11 February 2021
- WRAP, Textiles 2030 virtual launch event, 26 April 2021, 1:30 p.m. GMT
- CFP, Circular Fashion Partnership Event; 16th June 2021, for more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fashionomics Online Masterclass, for African entrepreneurs and industry experts, 30 April 2021, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m., sign up here
- The Role of Media in Branding African Fashion, Fashionomics Africa Webinar Series, 31 May 2021 12:00 p.m. - 2 P.M.GMT, register here
- UN Environment Management Group, in parterneship with the UN Alliance for Sustainable Fashion, UNCTAD, UNEP, UNECE, UNESCO, UNFCCC, and ILO, Sustainable Recovery through Sustainable Fashion: A Focus on the Environmental Dimensions, 7 September 2021, more information here
- UNEP, Accelerating sustainability in the textile value chain, inspiring action and behaviour change, 15 September 2021, more information here