"We have to protect the beautiful places we all depend on. Unfortunately, disposable plastic is a major problem around the world. It is too big for a single organization to fix this on your own. Changes must take place in the entire tourism supply chain. That is why we are committed to this initiative: to tackle this together and make a difference. "
- Frank Oostdam, Chairman and Managing Director, ANVR
ANVR, the Dutch Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators, represents the Dutch travel industry. The association's governing body is the General Assembly of Members, while the Executive Committee contains representatives from all branches of the industry: travel agents, air ticketing agents and tour operators. ANVR’s activities include Image & Lobbying, Consumer Affairs, Aviation, Employment & Education Affairs and Standardization as well as Retail and Tour Operating sectors.
In the framework of the Gobal Tourism Plastics Initiative, ANVR commits to:
- Encouraging affiliated organizations and business partners to join the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative by spreading the word through media channels such as newsletters, press release and social media postings. Furthermore, support to member companies will be provided to taking action along the supply chain and communication of success will happen twice a year.
- Advising and guiding affiliated organizations and business partners to better manage plastics in their operations through capacity building in the form of webinars, newsletters, tips, toolkits and a working group with knowledge institutions on measurement and monitoring of plastics.
- Collaborating with other stakeholders to reduce single plastics along the customer journey from transportation to accommodation and excursions and activities
- Communicating successes to affiliated organizations and business partners, travellers and key local stakeholders through newsletters, press releases, social media postings and their website.
|See all signatories||Become a signatory|