Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
Supporting Organizations are requested to make the following commitments by 2025 to become signatories:
- Endorse the common vision.
- Encourage affiliated organizations and businesses or partners to join the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative.
- Advice and guide affiliated organizations and businesses or partners to better manage plastics in their operations through practices, criteria, standards and/or policies, and support them on the implementation of their commitments to the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative when applicable.
- Communicate successes to affiliated organizations and businesses or partners, travellers and key local stakeholders.
- Publicly report annually on progress of the implementation of their own commitment to the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative.
We recommend the following steps for Supporting Organizations to become signatories:
- Download the Signatory Pack for Supporting Organizations for additional guidance to develop your commitments.
- Download the Terms of Reference of the Initiative to understand its background.
- Prepare your commitments offline and get internal validation from Management.
- Complete the online signatory form below for Supporting Organizations with the final version of your commitments. Please note that the signatory commitment form must be completed in one session and cannot be saved, so be sure to have all your information available at the time of commencing this form.
- The Coordination Team will contact you with feedback or the final version of your commitments in PDF that you would need to return signed by your Management. It is strongly suggested that this commitment be signed by C-Level Leadership or equivalent.
For more information, Contact us.
Thank you again for your interest in joining the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative and for taking action to transition to circularity in the use of plastics.