Pariwana Hostels is an accommodation provider chain based in Perú. Company’s objectives include the reduction and elimination of the use of plastics in all areas of the organization, implementation of a waste recycling plan, and continuous communication with employees and guests.
Role in programme(s):
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, Pariwana Hostels commits to:
- Taking action to eliminate the problematic or unnecessary plastic packaging, plastic items, and cling films from their food services by 2024;
- Eliminating plastic packaging, plastic items, single-portion or single-serving packaging, and cling films from their kitchens and service areas by 2024;
- Moving from single-use towards re-use models to replace plastic packaging and single-portion or single-serving packaging in service areas and kitchens by 2025;
- Introducing reusable solution in their rooms;
- Engaging the value chain (business associations) to provide data on recyclability and composability of plastic packaging to facilitate the move towards 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025;
- Establishing procurement criteria on reusability, recyclability, and composability;
- Urging business associations to promote availability of data on recyclability and composability of plastic packaging;
- Developing a 2025 target on % of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable;
- Taking action to increase the amount of recycled content across all plastic packaging and items used;
- Collaborating with others and investing in collection and segregation of recyclable and organic materials in their facilities to help increase recycling and composting rates in practice through proper training of staff and engagement of waste service providers;
- Reporting publicly and annually on progress made towards these targets.