ITC Hotels is an Indian luxury chain, which commits following responsible practices which are in harmony with the environment and society.
Role in programme(s):
Accommodation Providers (Chains)
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, ITC Hotels commit to:
- Eliminate from rooms, bathrooms and food & drink services the problematic or unnecessary plastic packaging and plastic items by 2025.
- Introduce reusable solutions in our Rooms & Bathrooms to replace single use plastic items by 2025.
- Engage with SUPPLIERS to provide data on recyclability and compostability, of plastic packaging
- Engage with SUPPLIERS to provide data on % of recycled content in plastic packaging and items
- Provide proper training and means for staff to sort solid waste (especially plastic waste), according to local regulations, sustainability standards, and/or technical guidance from waste management service provider