Esencialmente Destinos support destinations through a comprehensive approach to face global and local challenges, including by providing access to a network of experts, comprehensive advisory services and strategic alliances.
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, Esencialmente Destinos commits to:
- Including GTPI’s vision in the vision of the organization
- Guiding destinations in their work with the communities and organizations they support in light of the GTPI’s vision
- Communicating the organisation’s results to inspire others to take action
- Placing special emphasis on the reduction of plastics in the sustainability assessment and providing technical support when assessing new destinations
- Working with plastic wood as a mechanism to reduce plastic use, to later convert it into light infrastructure for tourism, such as trails, bridges, bird watching platforms, glamplings and other structures
- Promoting GTPI in the organisations’ work on sustainability and competitiveness
- Encouraging businesses and partners to learn more about practices to reduce single-use plastic items and packaging
- Advising and guiding affiliated organizations to pursue plastic reduction policies, as part of a holistic take on sustainability
- Promoting strategies among destinations to reuse plastic
- Promoting collaboration at the destination level to improve waste management practices of hotels, tour operators and local communities.