DTORR is a consultancy operating in India. Their mission is to provide awareness raising programming for locals to promote responsible tourism. They aim to expand their programming for 2023 and divulgate a survey.
Role in programme(s):
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, DTORR commits to:
- Encouraging affiliated organisations and businesses or partners to join the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative through awareness raising and trainings;
- Hosting a wide range of 30 activities to reduce plastic waste by 2025;
- Eliminating problematic or unnecessary plastic packaging through redesign, innovation, and new delivery models;
- Introducing reuse models where relevant, reducing the need for single-use packaging;
- Ensuring all plastic packaging is 100% reusable, recyclable, or compostable;
- Ensure that plastic packaging is reused, recycled, or composted in practice;
- Ensure the use of plastics is fully decoupled from the consumption of finite resources;
- Verify that plastic packaging is free of hazardous chemicals, and the health, safety, and rights of all people involved are respected.
- Publicly report on implementation of commitments above.