Since 1973, deSter is a leading provider of innovative and sustainable food packaging and service ware concepts to the aviation, hospitality and foodservice industry. By 2025 deSter aims to fit its comprehensive food packaging portfolio and service solutions into the circular economy by either introducing products which are reusable or recyclable, or by the development of organic waste compostable solutions. In this way, is highly committed to become its industry benchmark in transitioning towards a circular economy.
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative Signatory
deSter is a leading provider of food packaging and service ware concepts for the aviation, hospitality, and foodservice industry. In line with their Environmentally Conscious Design Philosophy, they aim to make a contribution to the circular economy through the products they supply. In addition, their goal is to manufacture as locally as possible to reduce transportation and CO2 emissions.
Role in programme(s):
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, deSter commits to:
- Screening their portfolio and identifying and publishing a list of problematic and unnecessary categories of plastic packaging for elimination
- Taking action to move from single use towards reuse models, where relevant, by 2025 by delivering five pilots of reuse models for products or packaging and by introducing or expanding reuse models for consumer facing products/ packaging
- Making 100% of their plastic packaging reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025.
- Setting an ambitious 2025 target of recycled content across all plastic packaging and items used.
- Collaborating with others and investing in the collection and segregation of recyclable and organic materials to help increase recycling and composting rates in practice.