Culinary Tourism Alliance
The Culinary Tourism Alliance's vision is to ensure culinary tourism is a meaningful and sustainable contributor to local economies in destinations worldwide.
Our Mission is to bridge the gap between the food & drink, and travel industries across Canada and around the globe.
Operating as a non-profit food tourism development organization, our mandate is to:
- Be a global leader in diverse and inclusive culinary and agritourism destination development
- Build destinations’ taste of place by supporting agriculture, viticulture, and aquaculture industries across the culinary tourism value chain
- Foster stakeholder engagement and relationship building resulting in new and/or enriched food and agritourism experiences that are mindful of the natural resources and cultural manifestations showcase
- Seek and encourage mutually beneficial partnerships to increase capacity, leverage audiences, promote innovation, and maximize resources
- Promote authentic tastes of place by sharing stories with pride, respectfully honouring the cultures that create these experiences
We are members of the Global Sustainable Tourism Council, we are Greenstep Certified, a Living Wage Employer, Rainbow Registered through the CGLCC, and have programs that support education on the SDGs as well as policies to reduce our carbon emissions including our business travel and events program.