Launched in 2018, CHAO is a Beijing- based hotel which has designed and created a series of spaces for work and leisure, meetings and socializing, travel and living.
With 180 rooms, two restaurants, a bar as well as 15 000m2 of event spaces, a 3000m2 art centre with exhibition rooms, a private cinema, a 2000 books library and an art print studio, CHAO hotel promotes the protection of the environment with a no single-use plastics policy, carbon free transportation and plant-based, low sugar recipes.
Role in programme(s):
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, CHAO hotel commits to:
- Eliminating from their rooms 100% of plastic packaging and items by 2020
- Eliminating from their bathrooms 100% of plastic packaging and items by 2020
- Eliminating from their food and drink services 100% of plastic packaging, items and cling films by 2020
- Introduce reusable solutions in their kitchens to replace cling films by 2021
- Introduce reusable solutions in their cleaning services to replace containers from cleaning products by 2023
- Engaging the value chain to provide data on recyclability and compostability of plastic packaging and facilitate the move towards 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025.
- Collaborating with others and investing in collection and segregation of recyclable and organic materials in their facilities to help increase the recycling and composting rates in practice