Role in programme(s):
Accommodation Providers (Chains)
Global Tourism Plastics Initiative
In the framework of the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative, Accor Group commits to:
- Eliminating plastic items such as plastics cups from their rooms by 2021.
- Eliminating plastic packaging such as packaging around toothbrushes and cotton buds from their bathrooms by 2025.
- Eliminating plastic items such as straws, stirrers, cutlery, plates, and cups from their food and drink services by 2025.
- Introducing reusable solutions in their rooms to replace single plastic item such as laundry bags by 2025.
- Introducing reusable solutions in their service areas to replace plastic items such as drinking cups, pens, stirrers, and plastic bottles by 2025.
- Engaging the value chain to provide data on recyclability and compostability of plastic packaging to facilitate the move towards 100% of plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable, or compostable by 2025.
- Taking action to increase the amount of recycled content across all plastic packaging and items used by 2025.
- Collaborating with others and investing in collection and segregation of recyclable and organic materials in their facilities to help increase recycling and composting rates in practice
Glasgow Declaration on Climate Action in Tourism
« Tackling climate change in the travel and tourism sector requires systemic change and new types of collaboration. By implementing the Glasgow Declaration’s commitments, we seize the opportunity to take urgent action across the hospitality sector, cut down GHG emissions and start shaping the future of sustainable travel.” Brune Poirson, Chief Sustainability Officer Accor