- Sustainable Lifestyles and Education
This is a 4-course Diploma Programme, designed to provide participants with the opportunity to deepen understanding, knowledge, and skills to integrate Education for Sustainable Development and Education for Global Citizenship into classrooms, schools, and curricula. It contributes to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, with a specific focus on SDG 4, target SDG 4.7.
Through this online programme, educators will strengthen their knowledge, skills, and abilities to implement Education for Sustainable Development and Education for Global Citizenship in their work, providing a space for dialogue and professional update on pedagogical processes of transformative learning that respond to the new guidance and educational needs in this area. The programme will offer a special space to look into the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Specifically, this Certificate Programme seeks to:
- Clarify concepts of sustainability, sustainability values and principles, sustainable lifestyles and responsible consumption; and global citizenship, as well as the synergies between them.
- Deepen and expand knowledge about new paradigms of education associated with education for sustainability, sustainable lifestyles, education for global citizenship and transformative education.
- Strengthen the capacities and skills of the educators to integrate the values of sustainability in their areas of action, and develop educational programmes that promote a new awareness of our relationship with the environment and sustainable lifestyles.
- Explore methodological and transforming pedagogical tools that can be used in educational programmes.
- Motivate and inspire educators to contribute, through their areas of action, in building more coherent, harmonious, and sustainable societies.
- Stimulate the exchange of experiences between educators from different contexts and regions.
Long term results
After completing the Certificate Programme, participants will have a new set of skills to take to their students, through the development of a greater understanding of sustainable development, the Sustainable Development Goals and their application in education. Educators will deepen their knowledge and pedagogical tools to incorporate values-based education for sustainable development in educational programmes and processes, by becoming familiar with new paradigms of education within the framework of Education for Sustainable Development, and related themes.
It is hoped that by internalising the ethical framework for sustainable development that is articulated in the Earth Charter, as a set of fundamental principles and values for building a more just, sustainable, and peaceful society, that educators will take these abilities and skills to work with new generations of students.
How to take part
This Certificate Programme is aimed at K-12 teachers (primary and secondary educators), education professionals, and academics in different areas and levels of education.
Those interested can contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
All information in this link:https://earthcharter.org/courses/online-certificate-on-education-fos-sustainable-development/