Transforming Tourism in Action: Tackling Plastic Pollution LAC session
UNEP is organising a "Transforming Tourism into Action: Tackling Plastic Pollution" webinar held in Spanish on 6 May at 11 am (AST) / 5 P.M. (CEST).
You can watch here.
DATE: 6 May
TIME: 11 am AST/5 pm CEST
The webinar is jointly organised with the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources of the Dominican Republic.
Objective: Support tourism business to take action on plastic pollution as part of the COVID-19 recovery. Special emphasis will be given to the Transforming Tourism Value Chains project.
Since 2019, tackling plastic pollution had already been defined of the priorities reflected in the Roadmap for Low Carbon and Resource Efficient Accommodation in the Dominican Republic . The webinar will provide an overview on the evolving environment, both from the public and private sector perspective, that will require and enable tourism business actions to take ambitious actions to tackle plastic pollution.
- Introduction by moderator and overview of tourism's plastic pollution problem – UNEP - Maria Alejandra Fernandez García, Circular Economy Regional Specialist
- Welcoming remarks – Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources - Milagros de Camps, Deputy Minister of International Cooperation
- Tourism businesses taking action on plastic pollution in COVID times—AM Resorts - Ruben Caraballo, Standards and Innovation Manager; Fundación Punta Cana – Jake Kheel, Vicepresident
- Introduction to the Global Tourism Plastics Initiative—UNEP – Pablo Montes Iannini, Private Sector Analyst
- A GTPI signatory’s experience – ClubMed - Robin Bouffart-Gout, CSR Coordinator Americas
- Recommendations - taking action on plastic pollution during COVID-19 recovery – UNEP - Maria Alejandra Fernandez García, Circular Economy Regional Specialist
For any additional questions about the webinar, please contact Maelys Nizan, email@example.com
Important Note: The online meeting for this webinar will be MS Teams, please download the application on your desktop or mobile beforehand.
Roadmap for Low Carbon and Resource Efficient Accommodation in the Dominican Republic