WEBINAR: SPLC's Deep Dive - Virtual Event: Regenerative Procurement - Purchasing for Economic, Racial and Environmental Equity
DATE: 26th May
TIME: 12:00 - 5:00 pm Eastern
The Sustainable Public Procurement Programme’s MAC member, the Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council (SPLC), is switching up their live event programming this year as many of us continue to work virtually.
To ensure that the sustainable purchasing community’s ambitions meet the moment, and to provide an alternative convening that deeply engages attendees and avoids virtual event fatigue, the SPLC is launching three one-day Deep Dive virtual events focused on critical topics in sustainable procurement strategy and execution.
Designed to inspire, inform, and engage sustainable procurement professionals and sustainability colleagues in learning and planning for change, the first of these Deep Dives takes place NEXT WEEK. The event aims to explore regenerative procurement for economic, racial, and environmental equity. It kicks off with a keynote address from Lottie Ferguson, the City of Flint’s first Chief Resilience Officer, followed by a panel discussion exploring specific strategies for regenerative procurement. Participants can also learn and build strategy in interactive workshops centered around using procurement in support of economic, racial and environmental equity.
Purchasing for economic, racial, and environmental equity
26 May 2021, 12:00 - 5:00 pm Eastern
- Keynote: Lottie Ferguson - Chief Resilience Officer, City of Flint, MI
- Expert Panel: Regenerative Procurement Strategies - panelists include Andaye Hill-Espinoza (Impact Spending, Kaiser Permanente), Mark Mills (CPO, University of Pennsylvania), Prof Mijin Cha (Urban & Environmental Policy, Occidental College)
- Growing Jobs, Income, and Wealth through Procurement, led by Michael Aromolaran & Samuel Ndely, Center for Economic Inclusion
- Engaging Suppliers on Environmental Sustainability, hosted by PG&E and led by Tiffany Rodriguez, Supply Chain Environmental Sustainability
- Environmental Justice & Procurement, led by Margot Brown, AVP of Environmental Justice & Equity Initiatives, EDF and Jill Bamburg (Former lead, Bainbridge/Presidio MBA in Sustainable Business)