Conference: Product lifetimes and the environment (PLATE 2021)
The 4th Product Lifetimes and the Environment (PLATE) Conference will take place from 26th to 28th May 2021 organized by the University of Limerick, Ireland.
PLATE is an international, multidisciplinary conference that addresses product lifetimes in the context of sustainable development. PLATE 2021 will continue in the tradition of the previous events in creating a multi-disciplinary forum for researchers, practitioners and educators who are passionate in understanding and reacting to the influence of product lifetimes on the environment.
The programme includes four inspirational keynote speakers and six parallel sessions with 110 papers in total covering themes such as textiles, repair, consumers, modelling & assessment, and design. In addition, there are series of workshops on various aspects of product lifetimes and the circular economy. The agenda also includes a host of networking opportunities, break time quizzes and prizes, well-being classes and entertainment & social sessions.
PLATE 2021 will run over three half-days on a dedicated EventsAir virtual platform that allows you to set up a personalised agenda.
- Cass Sunstein, Harvard University “Nudging Green”
- Gwen Cunningham, Circle Economy “The rise of resale and rental in apparel”
- Adam Minter, Bloomberg “Travels in the Circular Economy”
- Matjaz Malgaj, EU Commission “Product Lifetimes & the Circular Economy; The EU Policy Perspective”
- Virtual Global Fixit Clinic
- Sharing Business Models and the isolation economy: An existential threat?
- Circular Textiles
- Exploring the value of a resource flow perspective in designing for the circular economy