13th Symposium with international participation MINING 2022-Sustainable development in mining and energy
National conference with international participation „Rudarstvo“ is of multidisciplinary nature and contributes to a comprehensive overview of issues in the field of mining, energy and mineral resources, treating relevant fields such as effective solutions to environmental protection and sustainable development.
The national conference with international participation "Mining" is annually organized by Institute for Technology of Nuclear and Other Mineral Materials - Belgrade and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Serbia. The conference is held for the 13th time and every year gathers between 50 to 100 participants. The aim of the conference is to analyze the issue of sustainable mining development from a scientific and research point of view.
Papers relevant to SDG 12.2 Sustainable management and use of natural resources, SDG 12.4 Responsible management of chemicals and waste, and SDG 12.5 Reduction of waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling, and reuse are regularly presented at the conference, as they include the following areas:
- sustainable use of natural and mineral resources,
- minimization and recycling of mine waste (processing of waste biomass and production of solid biofuel),
- the responsible management of chemicals and raw materials,
- production of secondary raw materials,
- implementation of green and sustainable technologies in the life cycle of the mine
- increasing the quantity of recycled materials in final products.
- enhancing eco-friendly techniques for mining ores through stringent legislative.
- optimizing recycling processes' sorting techniques.
- establishment of metrics for sustainable resource usage.
- development of recycling process for waste from construction industry.