- Consumer Information for SCP
- Sustainable Lifestyles and Education
There is an increasing amount of lifestyle calculators available. How can people best navigate their use? To help clarify, the UN One Planet Network’s Consumer Information and Sustainable Lifestyles & Education Programmes, Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) and UN Environment Programme developed an overview paper explaining:
1) the context of planetary boundaries
2) how people make (sustainability) decisions
3) a summary of available types of lifestyle calculators, their strengths and weaknesses and representative examples
Download the overview paper from the One Planet network website here. The paper aims to guide interested individuals and organizations who want to communicate on individual lifestyle sustainability impacts. Providing available, accessible and reliable information is critical in enabling the transition to healthy and sustainable 1.5°C lifestyles and lifestyle calculators can be a valuable way to empower people with information to drive for more sustainable behaviour change.