1. Educate students to have academic and professional knowledge, especially for being entrepreneurs who can keep up with the changing trends, with an emphasis on agriculture, applied sciences, foreign languages, information technology, and disciplines corresponding to the directions of economic development, local communities, and society of the country.
2. Expand opportunities for the disadvantaged to pursue higher education and promote lifelong learning for people of all levels.
3. Create and develop innovations and knowledge in various disciplines, especially in agriculture, and applied sciences for learning and technology transfer to society.
4. Expand academic services and cooperation nationally and internationally.
5. Develop the university to have academic excellence in agriculture to be a refuge for oneself and society.
6. Preserve the national arts and culture and conserve natural resources.
7. Create and develop an administration and management system for efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency in managing Maejo University's strategic issues.