- Consumer Information for SCP
The Consumer Information Programme is calling for applications from organizations interested in joining its Multi-stakeholder Advisory Committee. Members of the MAC should demonstrate recognized expertise and experience and/or strong interest in sustainable consumption, if possible reflected in policies and projects; and have played an active role in supporting the sustainable consumption and production and/or sustainable development agenda at national, regional and/or sectoral levels. MAC membership term is two years and offers the opportunity to be closely involved with driving the elaboration and implementation of the CI-SCP work plan.
The CI-SCP Programme was launched in 2014, and is currently co-led by the environment ministries of Germany and Indonesia, and Consumers International. Over the past six years, the Programme has successfully worked to improve the availability, accessibility and credibility of consumer information to drive behavior change amongst consumers and in business and government. For more detailed information, see the CI-SCP Programme Brochure.
What are the benefits?
- Help steer the agenda on Consumer Information worldwide, with the mandate of the United Nations;
- Drive global and national action on Goal 12 and the sustainable development agenda;
- Access a global, multi-disciplinary, established network working together to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Contribute to an increasing body of work focused on consumer information and sustainable consumption, such as the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information which received high-level consideration from UNEA Resolutions and have already been applied by over 25 organizations from all regions, including major companies and standard-setting bodies;
- Increase the visibility of your organization's work on consumer information, including by accessing the annual UN High-Level Political Forum and other strategic events.
What does it mean to be on the MAC?
The MAC is composed of about 20 members who actively agree to contribute to the Consumer Information Programme through participating in the elaboration and implementation of the work plan; attending quarterly meetings (3 via online webinar, 1 face-to-face per year); and reporting relevant activities and initiatives in which they are involved with related to sustainable consumption and production to the One Planet network website. The next MAC membership term is from February 2021 to January 2023.
The full commitments of being a MAC member, plus some additional background information on the Programme are available in the ToR.
You can access the list of current CI-SCP MAC members here.
If your organization is interested and fulfils the requirements, please submit the above form to email@example.com. The period for submitting expressions of interest is from 4th January until 3rd February 2021.
All applications will be reviewed by the three co-leads of the Consumer Information Programme and organizations will be notified about the outcome at the end of February. A first MAC meeting with the new Committee members will be convened on 24 and 25 March 2021.
If you have any questions please contact the Coordination Desk of the Consumer Information Programme (firstname.lastname@example.org).