The Inter-Agency Coordination Group (IACG) of the 10YFP/One Planet network aims at ensuring the greatest level of cooperation and coordination within the UN system for the implementation of the One Plan for One Planet strategy.
Main objectives and expected outcomes:
- Greater visibility of the 10YFP as a key Rio+20 implementation mechanism;
- Coordinated, effective and substantive contribution of the UN system, respecting existing mandates and programmes of work, to fulfill the objectives, goals and functions of the 10YFP, and those of its programmes, and to support implementation at all levels;
- Enhanced information sharing and coordination among UN bodies to support governments and other stakeholders’ efforts on shifting to SCP patterns.
Main areas of action include:
- Enhancing visibility within the UN and raising awareness outside the UN;
- Enhancing coherent inter-agency support for the implementation of the programmes;
- Conducting joint research.
The IACG currently consists of more than 20 organisations, including: UNCTAD, UNDESA, UNDP, UNECLAC, UNEP, UNESCAP, UNESCO, UNESCWA, FAO, UN Habitat, UNICEF, UNIDO, ILO, ITC, UNOPS, UNU, UN Women, UNWFP, UNWTO, UNECE, UNITAR.
The IACG has been instrumental in jump-starting the newly inaugurated Multi-Partner Trust Fund for SDG 12.
For more information on the IACG, please contact Ms. Katie Tuck at katie.tuck(at)un.org