- Asia / Pacific
- Europe and Central Asia
- Latin America / Caribbean
- Middle East
- North America
Sectors of activity
Consumer Goods, Education
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising
The webinar on the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information was held on Friday 25 October 09:30 - 11:00 CEST.
The Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information are a practical tool on how to communicate the sustainability attributes of products. The webinar was held in English and walk attendants through the 10 principles of how to make reliable claims, featuring real life case studies collected from organisations working in the area of sustainable lifestyles.
The Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information were developed in a consensus finding process by members of the Consumer Information Programme and
were published by UN Environment and the International Trade Centre in 2017.
As collected through the One Planet Reporting
No activities have yet been reported under this initiative
Impact and Results
The webinar was held in English and featured a case study example from the German textile company dnamerch, a road tester of the guidelines. The case study demonstrated:
- the value of the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information for guiding organisations to align their communication strategies around
- the ease of following the Guidelines
- what was learned from the practical implementation
- what changes in practice have occurred as a result of the practical implementation
Next steps and how to get involved
The webinar was held on Friday 25 October 09:30 - 11:00 CEST.
The link to the recording can be found below.