Mi Ambiente, 2017
- Latin America / Caribbean
Sectors of activity
Consumer Goods, Public Procurement, Tourism
Type of initiative
Policy Frameworks & Tools
Type of lead actor
Government / public sector
To develop the National Plan on Sustainable Consumption and Production and integrate SCP into existing national development policies and frameworks.
The National Plan on SCP will promote the adoption of resource efficiency tools and practices in the prioritized areas: food systems, cities, tourism, manufacture and textile value chains and consumer information.
1. Scoping study on SCP related initiatives was developed. More than 120 initiatives from public and private organizations were identified.
2. Consultations with key public authorities and other stakeholders were carried out.
3. South-South Cooperation exchange was organized. Government representatives from Chile and Brazil (SCP leaders in LAC region) attended numerous meetings with key government’s institutions, including the Secretary of General Coordination - SCGG (equivalent to Ministry of Planning).
3. Development of National Plan on SCP with the support of almost 20 public institutions and other stakeholders.
4. Validation of National Plan on SCP by public institutions.
5. Assessment of financial mechanisms to support Plan implementation was developed.
5. High-level event to the official launching of National Plan on SCP was held in April 2018
link to the event press release: http://www.miambiente.gob.hn/blog/view/en-plan-nacional-de-produccion-y-consumo-honduras-incorpora-lineamientos-estrategicos-de-consumo-y-produccion-sostenibles-en-sus-proyectos-de-desarrollo
Impact and Results
1. Scoping Study on Sustainable Consumption and Production. This study identified around 120 SCP-related initiatives among private and public institutions.
2. South-South Cooperation on SCP. Increased knowledge and understanding on SCP policy-making among public institutions.
3. Existing development policies and strategies, as well as key policy documents on prioritized areas were integrated into National Plan on SCP.