- Asia / Pacific
Sector of activity
Type of initiative
Education & Awareness Raising
The GSSS Objectives:
• Support implementation of regional and national mandates for education on sustainable development and lifestyles;
• Develop a replicable and scalable approach to a healthy and effective search for sustainable schools;
• Develop capacities of schools to design and integrate sustainability in school curriculum, infrastructure and management/administrative principles and practices, as well as in the communities hosting them;
• Engage teachers and young students into active participation on the implementation of education for sustainable development and lifestyles in their schools and stimulate them
As collected through the One Planet Reporting
No activities have yet been reported under this initiative
Impact and Results
The main outcomes of the project will be:
• The establishment of a search to build on the currently existing National Search, which will help identify key barriers and obstacles faced by schools.
• The hosting of an international study tour, which will assist other countries in the Asia-Pacific in the development and establishment of their own national searches.
• Greater awareness nationally of environmental education and education for sustainable development through the additional publicity that can be created by offering the opportunity to receive a grant.
Next steps and how to get involved
Interested stakeholders can provide funds for the schools to continue to implement projects for environmental sustainability. Also, they can volunteer to conduct learning activities for other schools to emulate the model schools.