- Latin America / Caribbean
- Costa Rica
Sectors of activity
Culture and recreation, Education, Tourism
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising, Research, Analysis, Assessment
Connect people of all ages and backgrounds with birds and the natural world through arts and community activities.
To be a participatory project focused on better understanding the value that birds have for the sustainable development of communities.
1. Expand knowledge in communities about citizen science and environment conservation through bird watching.
2. Share bird observations, learning to use innovative technology through global biodiversity data infrastructures.
3. Share activities to better understand what is happening with the birds in the region and how this is linked to what happens in the environment on local communities.
4. Explore habitat components and thus learn about how to help maintain a healthy habitat for birds and other species in the community.
Teaching others about birds and how to improve outdoor spaces are vital components of the project.
All efforts are valuable, you don't have to know much about birds to participate.
Every observation you share with us - even when you don't see any birds - is an important fact that helps us better understand what is happening with the birds in your area, and how this is linked to what happens in the environment.
Impact and Results
The observations will help us to give better recommendations about the protection of the habitat for the well-being of the community and that of the birds that inhabit it.
This project aims to develop a deep relationship between sustainable development and the natural heritage of the region, it arises with a philosophy based on the Sustainable Development Goals.
In this way, we believe that environmental education and participatory science with activities such as bird watching in the region are essential for sustainable development, as different social practices and experience sharing are developed, with unique experiences for local communities .
Next steps and how to get involved
You can participate by learning about birds, sharing bird observations through innovative technology, helping to improve habitat and natural spaces in local communities, to better understand what is happening with birds in the region and how this is linked to what happens in the environment.
In this way we will make recommendations about the protection of the habitat for the well-being of the communities and that of the birds that inhabit it.