- Europe and Central Asia
Sectors of activity
Buildings and construction, Consumer Goods, Energy
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising, Research, Analysis, Assessment
Type of lead actor
- Increase knowledge of the renewable energies and trust on them
- Improve understanding of the benefits of these technologies and the need of a change on consumer behaviour.
- Help consumers with the initial payment for the installation of these technologies, that is very high and often lacks confidence in the installers.
- Push for stability in the market, in terms of regulations and financial aids.
Integrate the community on the site www.ocu.org, to make it more accessible and visible to all consumers who visit us. We also want to make it more dynamic and focused on the needs of consumers, considering three main axes: electricity generation, air conditioning and water heating.
- Encourage everyone to participate. With the contribution of all, it will be possible to increase the knowledge about renewables and possibly to demystify some concepts and myths. We encourage consumers not only to put their doubts but also to share experiences. Anyone can contribute to respond or share their opinion.
- Continue with testing equipment such as air conditioners, photovoltaic panels and wood pellets stoves. We will include a security test of batteries. Also prepare initiatives that allow the purchase of equipment at more affordable prices. Present more relevant content, to help choose the most appropriate system.
- As a new line of work, we will monitor the consumption of several families, in order to help them to be aware of their energy behaviour and to give them advise about ways to save energy.
Impact and Results
The expected achievements for Clear 2.0 in Spain is mainly to reach more than 10.000 people and to measure the real savings that are having users thanks to this project
Next steps and how to get involved
Feel welcome to contact us to ask more information about this project, or to share with us eventual findings about how to accelerate sustainable consumer behaviour change in the field of renewable energies.
Spanish Project coordinator: Ms. Cayetana Crespo. Email: CCrespo@ocu.org