- Asia / Pacific
Sectors of activity
Environmental Services, Tourism
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation
Type of lead actor
United Nations / intergovernmental organizations
Capacity building of tourism administrations to advance the global cause of wildlife protection and conservation.
The workshops include the following learning blocks:
1. Understanding the current status of wildlife conservation ;
2. Raising awareness on the importance of wildlife conservation in sustainable tourism
3. Exchanging knowledge and identifying the challenges in wildlife tourism development;
4. Adressing and discussing important issues on policy making regarding wildlife tourism;
5. Identifying important managerial implications and recommendations for sustainable tourism development through wildlife conservation;
6. Sharing of best practices of wildlife tourism
A series of workshops have been implemented.
Impact and Results
More than xxx public officials have received training on tourism and wildlife protection.