- Latin America / Caribbean
- UN Environment
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- PUC Peru
- Ministerio del Ambiente Perú
Sectors of activity
Environmental Services, Consumer Goods, Waste, incl. Chemicals, Energy, Public Procurement, Industrial Sector
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising, Research, Analysis, Assessment
Type of lead actor
United Nations / intergovernmental organizations
The Advance SCP project supports the development and implementation of sustainability information systems (SIS) in eight emerging economies across three regions of the world: South-East Asia, Africa & Latin America; adapting itself to the varying circumstances of the pilot countries and their needs in terms of SCP.
The main activities developed in the Project are:
- Development of Life Cycle Inventory data for refineries, hydroelectric power plants and landfills and a National Economic Input-Output Life Cycle Assessment (EIO-LCA) database
- Application of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology and development of environmental profiles and sustainability criteria for 3 products prioritized for Sustainable Public Procurement
- Update/strengthening of existing NAMA for the Energy and/or Waste sector.
- Web with the data base and the input and output matrix (calculadora): http://perulca.com
Impact and Results
Amongst the main results, more than 50 professionals from government, private sector and academia trained on LCA methodology, and 3 LCA sectorial studies were developed (hydropower plant, sanitary landfills and refinery products). Launch of National LCA Database on May 23rd. 4 scientific papers published in international journals based on the results of the project and activities have been promoted in the Peru IKI Newsletter.
More information can be found at:
Next steps and how to get involved
For more information on this initiative, please contact Mrs. Beatriz Martins Carneiro (email@example.com) or Mr. Ignacio Sanchez Diaz (firstname.lastname@example.org).