- Asia / Pacific
- Europe and Central Asia
- Latin America / Caribbean
- Middle East
- North America
Sectors of activity
Environmental Services, Education, Scientific Research, Development and Innovation
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising, Research, Analysis, Assessment
The Objectives of ACT Global project are:
1. Mobilize a large group of youth, citizens, businesses and government organizations to collaborate and work together to create sustainable localities.
2. Using education to create behavioral changes, circular economy, creation of green jobs and sustainability services.
3. Creating products and services at a local level that solve environmental issues while creating social and economic impacts.
As collected through the One Planet Reporting
No activities have yet been reported under this initiative
Impact and Results
1. 49,500 citizen Volunteers are currently involved in various sustainability initiatives of Earth5R.
2. ACT project has transformed the lives of 1.2 million families across India with the help of sustainable livelihood, helping to break the chains of poverty and address the lack of basic resources that affect their lives.
3. 1.2 Million families from slums across India educated in livelihood skills so far. This includes skill training workshops in converting environmental waste into usable products that sell in the market.
4. 2,70,000 families in slums and villages across India received Financial literacy under this project.
5. 1,700 residential buildings in various cities of India have been converted into Zero Waste under this project.
6. More than 250 Metric Tons of Plastic Waste is collected every month and recycled under Earth5R's ACT Project at Mumbai.
7. 600 Tons of Organic Waste per month is processed by Composting Units installed in various buildings of Mumbai under this project creating a citizen-led decentralized waste management system.
Next steps and how to get involved
We are open to collaboration and investments to upscale the impact globally.