- Sustainable Lifestyles and Education
The Sustainable Lifestyles and Education (SLE) Programme, a global multi-stakeholder initiative with the goal to accelerate the shift towards more sustainable lifestyles, launch a new Call for Proposals. Funding for this Call is provided by the Ministry of the Environment, Japan (MOEJ), as a Co-lead of the Sustainable Lifestyles and Education (SLE) Programme. The One Planet Secretariat, the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES) and the Coordination Desk of the SLE Programme administer the call.
Project proposals are invited in four types:
- Micro scale: proposals for projects aimed at developing ideas that are still at infant stage; with project budgets under 50,000 US dollars;
- Small-scale: proposals for projects to build partnerships with budgets between 100,000 and 200,000 US dollars
- Medium scale grant (a): proposals for projects that will render high impact and with budgets up to 500,000 US dollars
- Medium scale grant (b): proposals for implementation of activities contributing to the shift to Sustainable Lifestyles from Regional Roadmaps for Sustainable Consumption and Production with budgets up to 300,000 US dollars
Please indicate clearly in the Online Application form in the title of your project what type of project you are applying to.
In line with the requirements of the Ministry of the Environment of Japan, the donor for this call, it is compulsory for all projects to include CO2 emission reduction as an indicator and the project reports shall provide scientific estimations of actual or projected C02 emission reductions or prevention from the activities funded. Projects selected for the 2nd stage will receive further guidance.
The call is open to all organisations that meet the eligibility criteria, namely, regional, national, local governmental institutions/agencies (or subsidiary bodies) from developing countries or not-for profit organisations, with headquarters in developing countries and countries with economies in transitions.
Priority is given to applicants who contact any of the members of the Multi-stakeholder Advisory Committee (MAC) of the One Planet SLE Programme.
Duration of projects: up to 18 months. All selected projects must be completed by 30th of September 2020.
The selection process is divided in two stages:
- Submission of application form (cover page and concept note) - online
- For selected applicants only: submission of full proposals.
Applicants are invited to carefully read the detailed guidelines for applicants including the guidance on how to fill out the application form, before submitting. Submitted proposals that do not comply with the guidelines will be considered ineligible.
Application form - for reference only. Submissions must be made through Online application form below
Indicators of Success - for reference
Template for the nomination of executing agency (if applicable)
Nikoline Arns - Unsplash