Ready to Drive the Market: Experiences from Road Testing the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information
- UN Environment (United Nations / intergovernmental organizations)
Type of document: Training materials, toolkits
This report complements the Guidelines for Providing Product Sustainability Information by offering insights into the practical application of the Guidelines’ ten principles, based on the outcomes of a global road testing exercise that was held from January to June 2018. This document presents results, challenges and lessons learned throughout this process, and is complemented by a number of case studies around the practical application of the Guidelines’ principles by companies and standard-setting organizations: the so-called road testers.
The document is structured as follows:
- Section 1 presents a summary of the Guidelines and situates the road testing exercise.
- Section 2 provides the objectives and methodology of the road testing.
- Section 3 presents the main ndings and aggregated results from the road testing.
- Section 4 draws conclusions and sheds light on the implications of the results and opportunities for further supporting the application of the Guidelines on the ground.