Participate in the One Planet Network Photo Contest!
As you know, the One Planet network is working to create a global movement towards sustainable consumption and production (SCP)! As champions of this integrated approach to the entire sustainable development agenda, we all know that the shift to SCP is key to our planet, our societies and our economy. But what does SCP actually look like?
Do you have pictures that you or your partners that have taken that illustrate ‘SCP in Action’? For example, has your activity or initiative created decent work for members of a local community? Can you [virtually] introduce us to members from your team who are actively making a difference in their daily work? Can you show us something from ‘behind the scenes’ in a factory or workplace that practices efficient production? Do you have an image that truly captures the impact of the culture and lifestyle that is at the heart of SCP? If so, please submit your photos through the online reporting tool [accessible from your MySCP dashboard which you see in the upper right of the screen] to enter the first One Planet Network Photo Contest, ‘SCP in Action!’
The Competition in a Snapshot:
- Pictures of ‘SCP in Action’ can only be submitted through the One Planet Online Reporting tool.
- One image per One Planet network programme will be selected as an official winner.
- 2019’s cross-cutting theme for the entire One Planet network is Food. This is an additional category that all relevant submitted images will automatically be considered for. [link to cross-cutting topic to be added at a later time]
- To enter the competition, please review the full competition rules, simply upload photos through the reporting tool [accessible from your MySCP dashboard which you see in the upper right of the screen] with the full name of the photographer, their e-mail and a caption that describes the image (i.e. location, name(s) of individuals depicted, description of the activity, etc.)
- A minimum of 7 winning photographs will be selected. Depending on the number and quality of the images received, additional winners may be selected. Both shortlisted and winning photos are likely to be considered for future One Planet network publications and awareness-raising campaigns.
- For the top 7 winning image selections, the photos will be featured in a United Nations photo exhibition.
Official Rules for the One Planet Network Photo Contest:
- To qualify to enter the One Planet Network Photo Contest (hereafter referred to as the ‘Competition’) the actors depicted must be associated with an activity/initiative that is reported as a contribution to SDG 12 though the One Planet online reporting tool. PLEASE NOTE: ONLY photos from activities from the One Planet network and its partners are eligible.
- By entering the Competition the photographer is hereby accepting all of the Competition rules.
- Entries must be submitted during the 2018 One Planet Reporting Cycle, which officially closes on 15 January 2019.
- The Competition is open to all photographers that capture the work of One Planet network programmes and its partners. Photographers must be at least 18 years of age-- both professional and amateur photographers are welcome to participate.
- By submitting a photo, photographers hereby confirm that each person depicted in the photograph has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. For any persons depicted that appear to below 18 years of age, parental permission must have been obtained.
- By entering the Competition, photographers agree and acknowledge that the One Planet network is permitted to use the images for the non-commercial promotion of SCP, SDG 12 and the network itself. Images will receive appropriate credit. Rights of use granted to the One Planet network are not exclusive—the photographer ultimately retains the rights to their images for any other uses they see fit.
- The photographer listed with the entry must be the sole copyright owner and creator of submitted photographs.
- To the best of the photographer’s knowledge, the photographs do not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content.
- To the best of the photographer’s knowledge, the photographs do not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Submitted photographs must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and must not include: Trademarks owned by third parties; copyrighted materials owned by third parties; names, likenesses or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead; entries in which you have purchased or secured the rights to use stock images.
- Photographers acknowledge that the One Planet network and its event partners assume no responsibility and are not liable for any image misuse.
- Photographers are open to participating in related publicity and to the use of their name and winning images for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity for the One Planet network and the Competition.