- Asia / Pacific
- Europe and Central Asia
- Latin America / Caribbean
- Middle East
- North America
Sector of activity
Scientific Research, Development and Innovation
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Policy Frameworks & Tools, Research, Analysis, Assessment
Type of lead actor
Scientific and Technical
The SLE programme supports more than ten projects to promote sustainable lifestyles on the ground over the world, covering various sectors and with different approaches. The Coordination Desk works closely with the project implementers to assess the impacts (including the environmental benefits such as CO2 emissions reduction, as well as the socio-economic impacts such as income generation, social inclusion, etc.) and scalability of the projects. To this end, a set of tools to guide the assessment exercises have been developed and are applied to the ongoing projects. The assessment exercises also facilitate the discussion and mutual learning among the reviewers, implementers, and participants about the current and desired future lifestyles, the pathways to changes, and potential for scaling the project models.
- Draft of the Common Assessment Framework
- First project visits: application of the framework to the 13 projects supported by SLE programme
- Revision of the framework / Development of the progress reports of the 13 projects
Impact and Results
- Clarification and quantification of sustainability impacts (environmental, social, and economic) from on-going 10YFP SLE projects
- Identification of scale-up strategies of SLE projects including expansion, replication, adoption, and mainstreaming.
Next steps and how to get involved
Second Monitoring Visits (Project termination phase) for impact and scalability assessment will be carried out from late 2018. After the assessment, dashboard reports highlighting the projects' impacts and scalability will be developed.