- Latin America / Caribbean
Sectors of activity
Culture and recreation, Tourism
Type of initiative
Capacity Building & Implementation, Education & Awareness Raising, Policy Frameworks & Tools
Type of lead actor
The project aims to have a validated and replicable Public Private Partnership Model that promotes sustainable tourism through the application of FPAP. The PPP Model will consist of the policy, technical and operational components aligned with FPAP.
The activities under this project are organized around the following:
• To engage different stakeholders through the establishment of a Management Committee and specialized Technical Secretariat (STS) to boost the adaptation of sustainable tourism standards in the main touristic destinations in Macro-Southern Region (MRS).
• To develop and adapt a FPAP to be implemented in the MRS, including the design of Eco-labelling system to be applied for goods (products created with local resources) and tourism services.
• To systematize and disseminate the results of the pilot cases through which the Eco-labeling system is implemented in the context of the FPAP.
• To develop a proposal to replicate and scale up the Public-Private Partnership Model.
Impact and Results
the overall result of the project will be a Public Private Partnership Model (PPP Model) with active participation of local communities that aims to foster sustainable tourism in the Macro Southern Region (MRS), Peru.