- Asia / Pacific
- Europe and Central Asia
- Latin America / Caribbean
- Middle East
- North America
Sectors of activity
Buildings and construction, Food & Beverage, Transport
Type of initiative
Policy Frameworks & Tools, Research, Analysis, Assessment
Type of lead actor
Scientific and Technical
Current Policies, Instruments and Frameworks Case Studies
(1) Understand how barriers to implementation were identified and overcome, including institutional arrangements utilised by stakeholders towards implementation.
(2) Identify characteristics of successful case studies, success factors and lessons learned;
(3) Assess the scalability (including adaptation and replication) of selected policies and instruments.
Sustainable Futures Lifestyles Visions and Scenarios
(1) Assessment of the policy and practice implications for a variety of stakeholders (such as national and local governments, NGOs and citizen groups)
(2) Analyse current limitations and research gaps, providing clear guidance for subsequent research
(3) Develop pathways to selected sustainable scenarios
(1) Establishment of the advisory group
A global advisory group of nearly twenty sustainable lifestyles experts has been established to assist the implementing team throughout the project
(2) Literature review and the development of analytical framework
Following a review of the current literature, a framework will be developed to help analyse the gathered case studies and scenarios.
(3) Gathering of Case Studies and Analysis of Scenarios
Early in 2018, a public call for case studies will be held with submissions being sought globally. In tandem, a collection of scenarios and visions will be analysed.
(4) Workshop to Review Findings
During the summer of 2018, an in-person workshop will be held with the advisory group in order to review the findings.
(5) Development and Release of Final Report
The final report will be developed with the assistance of the advisory group during the second half of 2018 with view to a release at an international conference in early 2019.
Impact and Results
This is a baseline study project envisioned as being used to identify current gaps in policy and practice. It will continue to serve the SLE programme in pursuing its objectives, as well as provide the foundation for policy makers and practitioners to design their own activities. Outcomes will have sustained and long-term impacts on research and practical projects.
Next steps and how to get involved
The implementing team will be launching a public call for case studies in the first quarter of 2018 and look forward to receiving your submission.