Sectors of activity
Consumer Goods, Energy, Financial Sector
Type of initiative
Education & Awareness Raising, Research, Analysis, Assessment
Type of lead actor
The objective of the research is to identify the challenges and opportunities of the "New Economies" for sustainable consumption.
- To understand the Spanish Consumers knowledge of these New Economies, as well as their satisfaction and barriers
- To analyse the challenges and opportunities of these movements in areas such offer, price, sustainability, transparency or consumer habits
- Draw proposals for a conscious consumption.
1. Description of the New Economies: Origin, values, structure of their organisations, geographical scope, members, networks, achivements...
2. Generation of a map of shared values
3. Analysis of their proposal about (sustainable) consumption
4. Consumer's survey: focus groups for active users and online survey for general population
5. Price analysis: comparison of their products and services with "traditional" ones
6. Research of their proposals for consumers in terms of sustainability, transparency, offer, consumer habits and local consumption
7. Recommendations for consumers, New economies and Governments for a more conscious consumption
Impact and Results
The results of this research will be published in the magazines of the Organisation of consumers and users in Spain, that reach 250.000 families
A public online report will be released in Spanish, to influence New Economies to improve their impact to raise sustainable consumption
An executive summary will be written in English to get European Institution working on this field.
Next steps and how to get involved
Please share with us your knowledge about New Economies and their impact on consumers all around the World.
We'll be pleased to share our findings with you and start a dialogue with the purpose to improve sustainable consumption and production.